




I've got a .skp file i can e-mail if anyone wants to play with it and get a specific view. I'm going to work on building the silo in sketchup (finally) today/tonight and then I'm going to photoshop them into some of the images Brandon took so they look at home, and that should provide us with some good visual material for the booklet/boards.
Please let me know what you think about this scheme for a "satellite hub" to the share system. Each Bollard is a stand-alone unit that is hard-wired into the municipal utilities, and is a secure way to store the Kø bikes as well as privately owned bicycles.
Features:
- RFID Reader aligns with head-tube of Kø bike (where RFID tag will go) and communicates with the real-time database for the online component.
- Powder coated steel bollard and lock-ring adequitely resist corrosion in harsh and salinated conditions (seaside)
- User Interface features standard 10 button numerical pad for manual operation (non-member use), a short-range RFID reader compatible with bank cards and membership card, a magnetic strip swipe for standard bank/credit cards; and a big, friendly screen for visual confirmation and information.
- A happy looking flower pot is integrated into the top of the prefabricated bollard and filled with soil and a nice flower. The pot drains through a week-hole (not modeled) at the base of the bollard to allow for the plant's natural aspiration from both above and below.
- Nice blue colour mimics that of the copenhagen bike lanes, reaffirming their connection to Copenhagen's transportation and ambulation network.
I figured the lock ring going around the head tube was the simplest and most efficient manner for locking given the propensity for trash and scum to collect in those wheel-slot locking systems. I think we should definitely use more economical anti-wheel-theft solutions such as keyed skewers:
The maintenance worker could be the only ones with access to a key that would release the wheel.
Also, I know the bike is red and not yellow like in Philip's diagrams, but a.) that color can be quickly changed in sketchup; and b.) red or yellow bollards look either like safety equipment or dumb so blue, being the next primary color, worked best and looked the nicest to me, but then with a bunch of yellow bikes all around it started to look like a lo-fi IKEA ad.
Finally, I know the bike isn't quite the same as Philip's design, I tried to find a model of a city bike that I could tweak to look like ours but this was as close as I could get without surpassing my abilities in sketchup/modeling for days on end...
excellent! this is a really strong base for representing our ideas in 3D - great job erik. i like the red bikes [its in line with danish red]. though i am still also in favor of the color scheme created by philip, the grey blue being the primary color of the bicycle frame. i think it would be good to implement this colorway on the bicycle and then review our options. one thing to add is the Kø logo/branding on both the bicycle and bollards [in a somewhat grand gestural way, not just slapping the logo somewhere]. and the flowers is a very nice touch - though i think there could be more bloomage/foilage. lastly, thank you for being mindful of the logistics in terms of your design. the key pad/RFID reader are great solutions for access. i think we should also note that a Kø user has the option of texting their reservation to some sort of built-in infrastructure to release the bicycle as well. and in regards to tonight's meeting, i know you dont have a laptop, but i think sketch up is probably on the machines in the computer lab in HHN. again, great work!
ReplyDelete