Tuesday, November 10, 2009

... the architect's page(s?)

Here are some drawings I recently finished up of the silo and bollard in all the glory AutoCAD may impart on such illustration (sarcasm)....


4 comments:

  1. fantastic drawings, erk!

    can you add these into some contextual photos? or if you want to keep them as pure line drawing - can you shade the building a light grey color to give drawing 1 some more depth? and perhaps use a block of dark grey/black as earth to weight/ground the drawing?

    the detail drawing of the bollard is perfect! maybe you can add some tone to give it some value. but it's perfectly detailed and descriptive. perfect for page 6! excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm, I had thought of hatching the elevation there but thought it might distract from the center-piece of the drawing: the silo.

    I'll toy around with it later if I still have some time. thanks for the feedback

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the line drawings as well. Only thing I would suggest changing is the font used in the bollard detail. Maybe an arial or a helvetica font would be more appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. better yet would be Futura md bt medium

    ReplyDelete