Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I made a rough pass designing an alternative envelope for the silo. Concerning the formal qualities of the silo, I am less concerned about the mechanics and more interested in making it look sexy. There have been some elements that I have removed for the time being just to flush out the design. We can always reincorporate those elements later. As for the mechanical belt perched at the top of the silo, I think it can be concealed within the shaft of the silo. I know it is purely superficial, but I aim to make the final product slightly asymmetrical.

2 comments:

  1. I like this design more than the original sketch. This rendering shows a more dynamic structure that seems to fit more in line with modern Danish design. The asymmetrical form and fractured grid pattern give a better sense of the movement of biking. I think it would be good to thing about how we can add some wood as a base cladding material and how we integrate lighting.

    ReplyDelete